Culture Restart audience tracker
For organisations unable to fully reopen yet, the audience tracker provides a way to check in regularly with audiences and track sentiment over time.
Sign up today
To register to take part, please fill in our Culture Restart audience tracker participant information form →
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the audience tracker survey?
The audience tracker offers organisations a chance to check in monthly with audiences with a short sentiment survey, helping organisations to:
- keep audiences engaged and involved during closure
- track key metrics around audience intention to attend
- gain vital data needed to plan a safe and financially viable reopening
- understand variances in sentiment of different audience segments
- assess the appeal of digital content and willingness to pay for it, both before and after re-opening
What types of organisations is it designed for?
It is designed to be used by any kind of cultural organisation which has previously offered audiences a live in-person cultural experience - including theatres, museums, visitor attractions, touring companies, arts centres and many more! It is aimed at organisations who have not yet been able to fully reopen.
How often will I need to send out the survey?
We will provide you with links to send out every month. You will receive a link for the slightly longer baseline survey to begin with, followed by tracker links for subsequent months.
Who should we send the survey to?
We suggest that you send this survey to a wide range of audiences - not just frequent or engaged audiences. You will be able to request one, two or three links to send to different segments of your database each month - each link will have a limit of 1,000 responses.
You could consider three ways of sending out the surveys:
- emailing a wide selection of customers and asking them to be part of a large ‘panel’ of attenders, who commit to completing the survey once per month. We ideally need a pool of between 2K-5K people in this pool. You would need to handle the responses to this email and create the pool on your own database, so that you know who to email each month.
- emailing a similar group, telling them that you’ll be sending out a survey to them every month, and asking them to let you know if they would rather NOT take part. Anyone who objects could be recorded on your system, and excluded from the monthly email.
- if you have a small and engaged mailing list who won’t mind being sent a survey each month, you could consider emailing your whole list every month. We recommend warning people that they should expect this and we’ll provide some wording to help explain why this data is so important.
Can Indigo help with our data segmentation?
For organisations who use Spektrix, we have worked with the support team to put together a how to guide for creating segments and managing your opt in / opt out process:
If you are using a different ticketing & CRM system, and you're not sure how best to segment your audience, get in touch and we'll do our best to advise.
What are the survey questions?
There are two sets of surveys - a baseline survey for the first month you send it out, and one for all subsequent months. A list of the survey questions is available to view:
- Survey questions - Culture Restart audience tracker baseline survey (month 1)
- Survey questions - Culture Restart audience tracker (follow up months)
Does my organisation need to have taken part in one of the previous Indigo surveys?
No - any organisation can take part. If you did take part in After the Interval or Act 2, you’ll be able to see how your audience sentiment has changed as a number of the key questions are the same.
Can we just send it once?
Yes - if you’d only like to take part in the baseline survey in month 1, that’s also fine.
How are the responses captured and how do I see the results?
We provide you with a link to include in your email to customers. Once they click on this link their responses are recorded in our survey software. The results are available for you to see in real time by viewing a second link we will send you for that purpose.
The results from your attenders are then aggregated with responses from all other organisations and used to create regular reports for the sector on the overall results.
How do we take part?
The Culture Restart audience tracker is free for organisations to use. To sign up, fill in the participant information form at the top of this page and we’ll be able to get you all set up.
Which countries can take part?
This wave is intended for UK organisations. For other countries, please contact us.